- One Off Generator Servicing & UPS Servicing
- From £280 + VAT
- For any diesel generator
- We will assess the condition of your generator
- Perform a minor dry service
- T&C apply
- Generator Servicing Agreements
- Bespoke Generator Plan
- Fully flexible generator servicing packages
- Includes minor and major services
- Can include load bank testing and specialist sampling as required
- Includes call out facility and bespoke response call-out times
- UPS Servicing Agreements
- Bespoke UPS Plan
- From flexible retainer contracts to fully encompassing UPS servicing agreements
- We can provide cover for UPS we have supplied or you have purchased from elsewhere if a supported brands
- Remote monitoring systems can be provided
- Health checks, load bank testing and repairs are all offered
Here at GA Power Solutions we know that having standby power ready to work when you need it is crucial! This requires a robust service and maintenance regime. Which is why we offer generator and UPS service agreements to all of our clients who purchase equipment from us. We also provide the same Generator Servicing & UPS Servicing products to clients who have previously purchased equipment from another supplier, and who want a reliable and committed service provider.
Why is Servicing Important?
With a well maintained UPS or generator, when there is a power cut, mains or internal you can be rest assured that your backup power equipment will be there to provide the backup power it should. By servicing them regularly just like any other major asset, you can be confident that they are ready to run when you need them to.
Don’t rely on a manufacturer’s warranty to ensure your generator and UPS run effectively. No warranty guarantees an engineers response time to site should a fault arise, nor does it provide regular service checks. Your generator or UPS service agreement with GA Power Solutions will. Depending on the level of cover selected, an engineer can be on site within 4-8 hours, 24/7 should a problem arise, and also includes scheduled service visits.
UPS Maintenance Plans
If we have supplied your equipment and know its history we can typically provide a Generator Servicing & UPS Servicing contract immediately. If a generator or UPS has been supplied by another company we typically request an initial pre-contract inspection visit to be carried out prior to agreement commencement. Once this is completed, a Generator Servicing & UPS Servicing & Maintenance contract can be made effective almost immediately.
What is included in the fixed price generator service offer?
As our one off service visit offer, no service agreement is included. So emergency call outs, technical helpline etc are not inclusive. What you do receive is a standard minor service of your generator. A number of items are assessed but some main items include:
- Oil and coolant level check
- Fuel system check
- Hose and engine heater check
- Coolant antifreeze check
- Generator mechanical check
- Battery condition check
- Electrical connection and wiring check
- All work carried out by experienced engineers
A full report will be provided which notes the findings and highlights any faults or remedial works that are required. We can also then quote for these works as required. The aim of this is to ensure that your diesel generator is running at it optimum.
The fixed price of £280 + VAT is for sites within 50 miles of our key engineer bases which are Stratford Upon Avon, Wigan, Alton, & Brighton. For sites outside of this additional costs will apply which will be a travel charge and will be confirmed prior to visit.
Why do I need someone to service my generator or UPS?
As with any asset, it is important that it is serviced and well maintained on a regular basis in order to maximise the service life of the equipment. The main reason for having a generator or UPS is often because a power cut or downtime would have serious consequences. When downtime is unthinkable. Therefore you should choose a reliable and experienced professional to look after the equipment so that it performs as it were designed to do. Following manufacturers guidelines, our engineers use specialist software, scheduled tests and checks and professional equipment to ensure your generator or UPS is in optimum condition. Otherwise the power system just may not work when you next need it to.
Can I have a call out facility without a service agreement?
Yes – of course. Our minimum package provides a retainer only facility whereby you can call us to request an engineer to site should you have a problem. All call outs and parts will then be chargeable.
Please contact us about our range of Generator Servicing & UPS Servicing agreements.
What is typically included in a UPS service visit?
Depending on the service package selected and the number of visits etc, we would typically perform the following checks during a standard service visit.
- Record the display values (in/out volts, in/out amps frequency) and record the values.
- Record where appropriate how long the unit has been on mains/batteries/ no. of mains failures, etc.
- Where appropriate, switch the unit into Maintenance Bypass (as per manufacturers’instructions).
- Carry out checks on PCB connections and clean the unit of dust & debris.
- Check for evidence of component damage/overheating.
- Check & record individual battery voltage with load register/impedance meter.
- Clean all batteries of dust etc & check for leakage & corrosion. Clean & grease if required.
- Check tightness of battery connections.
- Record temperature inside battery cabinet and check operation of cooling fans.
- Check mains cable connections (where possible) & earthing.
- Return the unit from Maintenance Bypass to Online.
- Carry out a mains fail (simulate mains fail) with customers permission, record battery, voltage & discharge current at regular intervals.
- Restore mains & record battery voltage & charging current.
- Service Summary Report which provides a detailed report of work performed including recommendations for service to ensure optimal performance (Quotation to be provided if further works required).
- Comment on general installation & ventilation
Can I amend my service agreement at any time?
You can add additional service visits to your UPS or generator service agreement at any time during the course of the agreement. These would be priced for you for inclusion into the existing agreement and confirmed prior to any amendment. You can also add add on services such as load bank testing, battery tests and oil sampling at any point, again at an agreed cost.
Do I need my batteries testing?
Although most major battery brands suggest a 5-10 year standby design life, this is rarely achievable due to various factors including environmental. Your entire emergency supply system will be compromised by deteriorating batteries. Therefore we suggest they are tested on a regular basis. We can offer impedance, discharge and load bank tests to prove your system is in full working condition.
Can I have an ad hoc UPS health check visit?
Yes – of course. If you do not have an annual service/maintenance agreement and want your UPS checked to ensure the battery life is sufficient or you have taken over a facility and are unsure of the condition of the standby power system – we can provide one off health check visits. The cost of this is dependent on the UPS specification so please contact us with details so we can confirm pricing and availability of an engineer.
What is involved with a load bank test?
We strongly recommend annual load bank testing for equipment that rarely sees a high load. This is because the system is not being ran at its optimum capacity and this can reduce the life of the asset, as well as potentially effecting the operating capability.
The load bank test will identify any problems with your generator or UPS so that remedial work can occur as required. Simply starting up your generator every now and then is not enough and does not fully test the system. Starting your car whilst sat on the drive does not ensure it will perform as it should at 500 miles. Full testing pushes the generator and UPS to perform as it was specified so you can ensure it will work efficiently when you need it to. To discuss a load bank test for your facility please contact us.
Do you offer generator and UPS repair services?
Yes we do. We aim to provide cost effective repairs for all major brands of generator and UPS systems in a timely manner. If a repair is not a cost-effective option we will advise and provide replacements parts. We may be able to diagnose the fault over the phone but a site visit may be required. If you have a service agreement with us this may already be provided for, or covered under your call out section. If you do not have an agreement with us in place we can still provide repair services – please contact us for pricing and details.
What is typically included in a generator service?
Depending on the level of cover and type of agreement you have selected, different types of service visits will be performed. A typical option for standby diesel generators is 2 services per year, 1 minor and 1 major. You will be provided technical support and a call out facility. If you have multiple generators on one site we can provide a special service agreement to cover all of the equipment on one agreement which is the most cost effective solution.